Friday 6 April 2012

Hoot!

Hoot - I have finally finished my owl jumper.  Just in time for my holiday to Cornwall.  This is actually my second owl as the first one was huge.  All entirely my fault as I didn't do a gauge swatch or any of that malarkey so I Percy Vera'd (persevered) ripped it back and started again.  Second time round took longer but I am really pleased with the finished result.  It fits and I like it.  Success.  I have struggled to get good photos but here they are.

A parliment of owls

Hoot

I might add button eyes but only to one owl not all of them


Poor photos sorry the light is just fading and grey on beige is rather bland


One last Hoot Hoot

Details

Owls - by Kate Davies

Wool - Katia Alaska from Heaths Country Store, Ollerton

I am really please with the result and SHOULD have learned my lesson to always do a tension square.



A baby hoot - how cute!


Whilst I knitted my jumper Nellie knitted this for Betty's friends baby Isla.  Isn't it cute.  I am not sure what the pattern was called but I do know it was a free one from Ravelry which Nellie modified a little.

Off to pack now going away to Cornwall - yipee - nearly all clothes slung into IKEA bags just got one more sleep then we are off.  I will be wearing my owls jumper so say hi if you are in the St Ives area next week. 

3 comments:

lemonade kitty said...

You'll be all warm and snuggly in that jumper, love the shade of blue, have loads of fun, Lucey x

Diane said...

Did you say ST IVES!!!! Are you sure you don't have enough room in your car for me? xx

Jane said...

At last a post, office sanity returned. Fab bit of knitting the two of you. Have a great holiday xx