Sunday 19 December 2010

Chatsworth House

Today we went to Chatsworth.  Its not too far away from where we live.  It was lovely.  Cold with a sprinkling of snow - very festive.  The water in the fountain in the courtyard was frozen and Mr and Mrs Mallard were having a lovely time skating around.  In one of the christmas trees a little robin sat and watched the visitors having a lovely time.  There was a brass band playing jolly christmas tunes and a choir singing in a barber shop styleeee (i think) excellent.  We had hot chocolate with lashings of cream and marshmallows.  Shopping was done with some great bargains - some christmas items were half price - lovely.  I saw several people that I knew an old work colleague from school, a neighbour and her family and another neighbour with her grandchild.  All having a lovely time.  We didn't stay too long as it was sooooo cold but nonetheless it was very festive and a good time was had by all.   Nellie was most excited to see the deer in the parkland - look she cried - deer and they are moving - lol just like when she was 5 - she is now 16 and would be a bit cross if she knew I had put it on here.  Ah well she will never know. 

I did take photos but I cannot find the download lead anywhere.  When I find it or when I can use Nellie's puter I WILL put on some piccies.  Its not the same without them. 

I also took delivery today of the vintage feedsack I ordered from America on ebay.  Its loverly. Been admiring it lots and lots.

No comments: